When you are reserving a property with a buyer, certain skipped steps causes the reservation to be marked as 'tentative. This means the buyer still needs to complete some details before the reservation is fully complete. The items that may have been skipped are:
- Signing their reservation agreement.
- Paying their reservation fee.
- Completing their source of funds and source of funds declaration (if not skipped entirely).
- Appointing their conveyancer (if the buyer is not using a Help to Buy).
- Completing their Property Information Form (if using Help to Buy)
You and the buyer will be notified by email when it has been completed as a tentative reservation, and you'll also see this as a status on your Reservation Summary. Here it will show you which parts still need to completed to make it a full reservation. Note that the Progression Summary will not be visible until the reservation is fully completed.
Once you have a fully completed reservation, this is when we'll send the instruction to the buyer's conveyancer with the document set so they can get straight to work on the sale!
There will still be some final steps to complete after the reservation such as:
Any documents generated by these steps will be sent as an addition to the buyer's conveyancer once completed.