Groups refer to collections of data that can be created and curated using bespoke parameters, which can be used to create a multitude of reports.
The most common uses of groups are:
- Reporting on sales and lead conversion rates
- Analysing lead sources and quality
- Compiling bespoke groups for campaign and marketing purposes
This article includes:
You can create groups to separate your information for reporting or analysis. The best place to start creating groups is in the Contacts section, but you can create groups in all sections in the side panel.
- Click the Contacts section in the side panel
- We recommend you use the All ... option in each section, i.e. All Contacts, All Tasks. This allows you to create reports based on the entirety of your data in each section
- Define what data you wish to create your reports from by using the Filter in the top right-hand corner
- After you've created your filters, you can save your data set for reporting. Click ... (three dots) and then click the relevant Save as option
Groups can be saved as either static or smart groups.
For more information on these group types, please see the Types of groups section below.
The main tool for creating groups for reporting is the Filter. You can filter all of your information in a myriad of ways using 2 main filtering techniques:
- "And" filtering
- "Or" filtering
When using "And" filtering, you are grouping sets of data that have 2 or more applicable pieces of information. To do this:
- Click the Filter in the top right-hand corner
- Click on the relevant Filter By option that you wish to use and choose from the options
For example: You may want to see all of your new contacts created across the last 7 days. To do this, you would group My Contacts and New this week.
You can, of course, add more filters to refine your group as much as needed.
When using "Or" filtering, you are grouping sets of data that have 2 or more pieces of information you would like to find within one filter option.
For example: If you wanted to see all new contacts for the last 7 days that were either Created or Became a Lead, you can edit the rule. To do this:
- Click on the notepad in the orange Filter tab
- Click Add 'or' rule
- Select the parameters of your new rule
- Click Done
Types of groups
Once you've filtered your information, groups can be saved as either static or smart groups.
Static groups are used to create reports where information will not update or change. This is because they are fixed collections of data.
These should be used for occasions where you'd like to keep lists of contacts, sales or activities in one place as a fixed point of reference.
This type of group will not update as new contacts are added to the CRM
Smart groups are dynamic and will continually add new information to the group as it becomes available in the CRM according to the rules you've set.
These groups are especially useful to separate out contacts who are interested in particular developments or have come through a particular source.
Once a group has been set up, it can be filtered again to refine the information further.
To do so, you would:
- Choose the specific group you wish to refine
- Apply the relevant Filter By options that you wish to use and choose from the options
- A new group will be created that you can save for further use
Downloading groups as csv reports
Once you've created groups, you can alter the information displayed within them and download the information as a .csv for reporting.
- Click ... (three dots) beside the name of your group. A list of options will appear in a dropdown menu; this includes saving groups, configuring table columns and downloading reports as .csvs
- Add or remove columns as required to modify how your groups and reports will look
- To download your group as a .csv report, click Download as CSV and the file will download automatically