Adding a task to a lead helps you to remember to make calls, send emails or alert you of any site visits the customer may be making. Tasks can be created alongside an Activity, or separately at a later date.
This article includes:
To view your tasks, you can either navigate to the left-hand side of the Dashboard where your tasks will be displayed in the My Tasks section, or, you can click the Tasks section in your side panel which will show all tasks assigned to your developments.
To add a task:
- On the Dashboard, click My Tasks
- Click New
- The New Task window opens. Assign a Subject for the task from the dropdown list or enter your own
- Type your task details into the text box
- Click Add Tag to add a tag/tags for the development the task is in relation to
(If the lead has not expressed an interest in a particular development, leave this blank)
- Click Set Due Date to set the task due date as well as the time to complete it by
- Click Select a Contact or Deal to assign the task to a buyer or deal
(This includes your Contacts and any deals that have begun)
- Assign the task to another member of staff, if necessary
- To finish creating the task, click Create
You can also create a task during any Activity additions by clicking Yes when the pop-up appears
If you need to make edits to your tasks:
- Navigate to the left-hand side of the Dashboard where your tasks will be displayed in the My Tasks section. Hover over the relevant task and click the notepad icon
- Edit the relevant details by changing the text or using the icons to update the time, date assignee or the tag
- Once amended, click Save
Once a task has been completed, you can tick the box to the left of the task.
The task will now show a green tick and the text will be scored out. It will also appear in the Completed section below any active tasks, and you can view them if you click the eye icon.
You can also add Activity notes when you complete a task. To do this:
- Click Yes on the pop-up when prompted
- Type your note details into the text box
- Click Add Tag to add a tag/tags for the development the note is in relation to
- To finish creating the note, click Post